Thursday, September 27, 2007

why i hate running...

i guess i don't really hate running, but i just don't do it enough to keep my legs accustomed to it. every run is like the first run and my legs are in pain for several days. like yesterday, after work i went riding with a friend and then we went running for a half hour. i've got to say i've never ran after a ride. today though my legs are sore from all the pounding of the pavement that my legs are not used to. i haven't ran since i was in the national guard last year and i actually used to run a few times a week training for my physical fitness test, which is a joke by the way. i didn't even have to train to pass that test. i can't say the army national guard is the most physically fit branch of the military, especially an aviation unit like i was in. their standards are about a tenth of what we did in the marine corps. hell, the national guard doesn't even care, they're just happy to have people. god bless those people though, i thank all those people who are still in and my brother who is now over in iraq. anyways, even though my legs are in pain i think i'll run today again after my ride. i'd hate to waste all of this pain in my legs to not run again for several months. it's getting to be fall again and running will be a good supplement to my winter training anyways.

2 comments: