Sunday, September 9, 2007

Knucklehead ride...

Don't ask me why it's called that. All I know is somebody told me it's one of the oldest group rides in St. Louis. The ride usually leaves from Big Bend and Hanley by Mesa, and heads west on Clayton out to the Wildwood and St. Albans then to SixFlags area which is my playground. I usually do most of my training rides out there. Anyways, as planned, I met up with Denny and Greg on Clayton. We were all early so we turned around and met up with the group. What was supposed to be an uneventful, nice and easy 60-70 mile Sunday stroll ended up being nothing more then a 70 mile training ride. It just seemed like we kept stopping for something, flats, piss breaks, and taking an extra loop to get more hills in. We ended up having to bridge the gap every time back to the group and then the final several miles I time trialed it back before pulling off to head home. When I say we I mean Denny, Greg, Mr. I don't bring any food, tools, or tubes on an 80 mile ride, and myself. It was a good ride since I wasn't able to ride yesterday. Well, I better get off of here since I've got to get some sleep and then go to work tonight. Next race is this Friday at Jeff City. Should be a good one.

2 comments:

Denny said...

Rode in KC last night. 57 Degrees in the rain. Get ready for the winter pu..y

Nice picture of Bailey, makes me almost miss her...

Rich K said...

hahaha....i'm sure she misses you too!!!! but every time you think that, think about all the malnutrition your kids are going through when bailey is sneaking food off the kids' plates. just got done watchin' the finish of tom......now back to sleep. oh, i think i may do a daily or weekly bailey cam. a different picture every day. get the hall pass from steph for friday!!!!