Friday, September 14, 2007

No race for tonight.....

Well, I don't thing I'll be racing tonight in Jeff City. I've decided to do a ride with a friend instead. I did get a ride in yesterday morning at a medium effort. I think I'll get a good ride in today and tomorrow before going back to work and being off the bike for four days. Tomorrow the Tour of Missouri rolls into town so I'll have to ride in the morning..........hmmmmmmm.....ahhhhh, I think maybe I'll ride out to Ghisallo bike shop and do that ride, that'll get me around 55. I've got the St. Genevieve RR next Sunday so I'll need to keep up the training until then before taking a break before the cross season. I have no idea where I'm going to watch the race from. I'm thinking Schluerburg is in order, but haven't quite figured out the logistics yet. I would like to also catch the finish downtown. It's gonna be great to see a pro race finish down there. Schluersburg is one heck of a climb. There is something about it that makes it tough. For one, I think the length is deceiving and then the second part where it kicks up makes it that much more difficult. It should be a fun place to watch it from and from my standpoint, if some guys can nail it up that climb I think it may break up the field if it hasn't already.

For those of you that don't think Missouri has mountains, I just read that Garcia, from the Toyota-United team did not make the cutoff time at the finish of stage 2. Since he was the only one to finish outside the time his team is claiming that the route had so many hills that it should've been rated a mountain stage thus allowing a greater time to finish behind the pack in. I love it. I'd really like to know what the ramblings about this course are within the peloton. While St. Louis and Missouri are not known for any mountains, I will say that all these damn hills are enough to take there toll. I just may have to get a GPS to track the elevation gains on my rides. Good luck to all the racers tonight in Jeff City.

No comments: