Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Injuries SUCK!!!!

Well, not too sure what the hell is going on with my groin, but I see the doctor tomorrow. I haven't been on here for a while, I also haven't been on the bike for almost three weeks. In one respect I would say it would be a good thing, but I've kind of been forced off of it. It started about three months ago when I noticed a slight groin pull in my left leg. I didn't think much of it as I could still ride through the pain until it started to be a little more of a nuisance. I've also been going to a chiropractor who thought it might be my sciatic nerve causing the pain. It's been almost five weeks and not much better. My little crash a few weeks ago didn't help either. Tomorrow I go see a sports medicine doctor to see what's up. I'm getting sick of being off the bike, but if I've got to be off it I guess this is the time to do it. This weather sucks!!!! Too damn cold!!!! Anyways, it's giving me time to overhaul my mt. bike. Installed some new SRAM X.O shifters and derailleurs, new carbon bars, new front juicy disc brakes(my first introduction into discs, yes, i did just say front), and I get some new Truvativ NOIR cranks tomorrow. I'd love to get this hardtail down to 21lbs. It's at 23 right now. I'll post pics once I'm done. I've basically just been swimming a few times a week and that's it. Even running starts to hurt. Oh well, enough of my bitching. The season starts soon and I just need to get better. Hopefully I won't fall behind the eight ball!!!!

No comments: