Thursday, October 25, 2007

Well, today was another cold day, propably the coldest so far this fall. I was able to go out and play for three hours out in the hills. It wasn't cold enough for my jacket, but I did wear two vests and my armwarmers. I also broke out the leg warmers for the first time this fall. This is the second time I've been duped by the mother nature. I looked out the door and checked the radar before I left and it didn't show any signs of rain, but yet I did get drizzled on a few times, nothing major though. Back in Indiana, I'd say 99% of the time I could look out my front door and tell if the rain was coming, here my forecasting skills have not been so great. Anyways, it was a good ride with a lot of ups and downs. Today my legs felt really good. I don't know I manage to have my legs feel this good, but I wish I new. One thing I will try to start doing next season is tapering before a big race. That's the one thing I didn't do enough of this year and it hurt me a few times going into race day. Sometimes I just gotta get those miles in every week and don't know how to just take it easy before a race. Well, now that I've eaten I think I'll take a little break and then head to the pool to work on my swimming. On tap for the rest of the weekend may be another ride tomorrow, still debating between road and mt. bike though. I was just told that there is going to be a big running race this Saturday that Ghisallo is putting on called the Pumpkin race. I thought I might do the 5k and then go out for a ride right after that. We'll see, but as for now I better end this so I can watch Cavemen online and then get to the pool.

No comments: