Thursday, October 18, 2007

slacking on here...

well, it's been a week now since i've written on here. although i didn't do the spanish lake mt. bike race last week, i did get some miles in and some running. i even got a little swimming in with my good friend. i've learned that i'm not much of a swimmer. i have absolutely no form or endurance. i did however make it 200m's without stopping, although i must've looked like kid drowning just trying to stay afloat. hey, it was quite an accomplishment for a nonswimmer like myself. the last time i had to do any swimming was in the marine corps and that was with a full backpack and combat boots on. i think i was better at that because that was all about survival. this weekend i think i'll be heading back to the pool to work on my form, it should be pretty easy to make improvements because right now i have absolutely none. this weekend calls for more riding, swimming, and a little running. i know i want to try a few short triathlons for next year, but my goal is to do one half ironman for next year. i don't want to change my focus to triathlons, but i definetly do want to do a few and maybe a couple duathlons just to keep things interesting. more to come....

3 comments:

Jeff Yielding said...

Hey Rich,

Have fun with the tri training this winter... took me awhile to get my swim distance up too when I started, progress comes quick. But I hear you have a new coach... :)

May see you out there next year at one of those races, not sure where my focus will be come spring.

Rich K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rich K said...

hahaha..........ya, new coach!!! i'm gettin' knee deep in this stuff, just bought some actual swimmnig trunks!!! no, i don't think i'm gonna make it my main focus, but i would like to do a few smaller ones and definetly do a half just to do it. if i gotta get pulled by a boat on the swim and walk the 13 miles, i'll do it. right now the swimming is my downfall. i'm still working on a bike for cross. if i can come up with a used one at a good price i'll do the races, but it's not that important right now. i can only make half the races anyways because of work. good luck to ya and i'll talk to ya later.