Saturday, December 8, 2007

new bikes!!!!





well, it's been a while since i've been on here last. i can't say i've been on the bike too much over the last two weeks. the weathers been pretty cold, wet, and just dreary. what better way to take care of my cycling fix then to get a couple new bikes for myself and jess. two weeks ago i walk into bigshark to buy a new trainer and walk out with a trainer and two new cannondale frames. i've got to say mike hooked us up. i also found out we should be getting our new dogfish team frames soon, so looks like i'll have a trainer and a race bike soon. i may set this one up for time trials and a tri bike. jess' bike turned out great and it fits her 100 times better then her old frame.........and it's got a nice little girly pink rose on the chainstay to top it off. she absolutely hates pink!!!!! notice the pink bar tape, i thought that was a nice touch to transfer that from her old bike. other then building up a few bikes i haven't been up to much, just on the trainer and at the pool trying to work on my swimming.............i've still got a lot of work to do in the pool before i do my first triathlon.

7 comments:

Country Grammar said...

Rich,

What bikes did you get? I can see in the photo a blue caad8 0or 9, but what kind is the yellow one?

They look good. I assume this will make even faster now!!

Bryan

Rich K said...

bryan, it's a caad 8, i got a pretty good deal on it. i also got a caad 9 on it's way for our team frames. the green aluminum one is a womens aluminum synapse for jess. how's the mt. bikin' coming, all this weather has kept me couped up indoors.

Scoleri said...

Is that your kitchen or garage?

Rich K said...

funny, it's my dining room!!! hey i'll call ya today.

Country Grammar said...

I haven't been on the mtn bike in a few weeks. Every weekend I plan on going out it rains or snows. I hope to do some riding over Christmas break. I officiate college and highs school basketball in the winter, so I am getting plenty of running in.

Bryan

Rich K said...

ya, hear ya, it's about that time of year nowadays. good to hear your gettin something in. i'm just couped up on the trainer. hey btw, did you ever find out who hit your car?

Country Grammar said...

Never did find out who hit my car. I am sure I will run across them sometime out and about. I won't forget the faces or the vehicle. I hope to get it fixed after Christmas if Santa is good to me. Have fun on the trainer. I dread it. I think you will like the Cdales. Only bike I have ever had.

Bryan